Thermo Scientific Pierce 1-Step Chloronaphthol Solution is a solution of 4-chloro-1-naphthol for the chromogenic detection of horseradish peroxidase (HRP) activity in Western blot and tissue staining methods.
Chloronaphthol (4-CN, MW = 178.6) reacts with HRP to form a distinct blue to blue-purple product to localize and visualize the activity of peroxidase-conjugated antibodies on blots or fixed tissue samples. The HRP substrate is not as sensitive or stable as other chromogenic substrates, such as TMB and DAB. However, the blue-purple precipitate photographs well, and its alcohol-solubility is a property that can be utilized in certain double-staining applications.
Features of Chloronaphthol Substrates:
• HRP substrate—for detection of horseradish peroxidase activity on solid media
• Chromogenic—no special equipment needed for visualization
• Blue-purple—easy to photograph in color or black-and-white
• Package options—choose powder or ready-to-use solution
Highlights of Pierce CN Solution
• Ready-to-use—no ethanol or methanol required to dissolve; no dilution necessary for use
• Complete—does not require buffer or addition of hydrogen peroxide
• Pre-filtered—does not need to be filtered before use like powders or tablets after they are dissolved
• Stable—store refrigerated at 4°C for at least one year
Chloronaphthol Substrate Powder (4-chloro-1-naphthol)
|34012||Unit Size: 250 mL|