XBF40D-MD -40°C Blast Freezer for Plasma (Thermo Scientific™)
Rapidly freeze plasma with the new Thermo Scientific™ XBF40D-MD -40°C Blast Freezer—a breakthrough sample preparation device for use prior to cold storage. Your freezer is not a sample preparation device. Ultra-low and laboratory-grade freezers are designed to maintain samples at cold temperatures for long-term storage. They are not designed for and do not have the speed or refrigeration capacity to rapidly freeze plasma and other critical storage. Using the new XBF40D-MD for rapid cooling reduces the stress on your sample storage freezer, and freezes your plasma quickly and efficiently.
- Flexible Design: The XBF accommodates staggered loads of plasma bags and boxes
- Accelerated air flow: A large, forced-air circulation freezes plasma – fast!
- Self-contained refrigeration system: Unlike previous generation blast freezers, the XBF40D-MD is a plug and play requiring no customized installation and no remote compressors
- Trusted: All XBF40D-MD freezers are manufactured with pride with high-quality materials and high-performance technology
- Durable, cold-rolled steel exterior
- Outer door, multi-point gaskets, maximizing temperature and security
- Polystyrene insulated inner doors featuring rare-earth magnets
- High-performance, forced-air circulation
- Versatile cabinet interior with adjustable stainless steel shelves
- Standard access port
- Easy to use digital controller
- Easy to remove, washable filter
- Single Stage R404A air-cooled 2.5HP compressor
- Vacuum insulation panels and high density water-blown polyurethane foam
- Available in 60Hz regions only
- The XBF40-MD is listed as a Class II medical device (product code KSE) with the US FDA, which is required for this application
||Unit Size: -
Description: XBF40D-MD Blast Freezer for Plasma
Capacity (English) Freezer: 14.8 cu. ft.
Electrical Requirements: 208 - 230 V 60 Hz